Facebook is offering Research Internship programme in the USA for the year 2017. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed; outstanding masters and bachelor’s students may also be considered. This internship has minimum 12-week duration with summer, fall, and winter start dates.
Field of Internship: Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR).
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken in USA (Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Paris, France – Seattle, WA)
- Pursuing a degree (PhD preferred, Masters or Bachelors with relevant research experience can be considered) in Computer Science or related field with publications in machine learning, AI, computer vision, computer graphics, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency in C++, Java or another related language
- Preferred: research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Preferred: Experience in machine learning and optimisation
- Preferred: Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2016.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organisation.
Internship Duration: This internship has minimum 12-week duration with summer, fall, and winter start dates.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer