There are five steps to complete admission process:
STEP 1: TO FILL IN AltSTU APPLICATION FORM
STEP 2: HOW TO GET AN INVITATION LETTER
To get the invitation letter, we require the following documents:
- copy of the passport (validity to be at least 1.5 years before the date of entering the Russian territory) translated into Russian;
- copy of the secondary school certificate or higher education diploma (with subject details) translated into Russian.
The documents can be scanned and emailed us. Please note that the documents should be scanned properly in order to be readable. We will inform you about any issues with the submitted documents by email.
Invitations are issued by Police and it takes 20 week days to issue the invitation letter. We will send you a copy of the invitation letter by email, and you can get the original invitation letter in the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the country of your stay.
STEP 3: VISA
Having received the invitation letter from AltSTU, you should contact the nearest Russian Embassy or Consulate in your country and provide documents according to the Embassy requirements.
STEP 4: ARRIVAL CONFIRMATION
Having received the visa from the Russian Embassy or Consulate, you should inform us about your arrival date and time at least 10 days before coming to Russia.
NB! If you apply for Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program you should arrive to University till August, 10 for admission tests.
STEP 5: ARRIVAL, ADMISSION AND START OF CLASSES
Having arrived at AltSTU you should submit the original documents with the certified translation and the Full First year Payment Receipt.
It is compulsory for every student to be registered at University within three days after arrival at the Russian Federation. The Department of Visas, Invitations and Registration of Foreign Nationals will complete the registration processes. Afterwards international students are to submit the educational certificates to Admission Office. You are allowed to start classes when all the formal processes are finished.
Documents to be submitted:
- Passport (validity to be at least 1.5 years before the date of entering Russia) and copy of all its pages with certified translation into Russian.
- Migration card stamped by the customs.
- Original of the Secondary School Certificate or Diploma (with transcripts or examination results), legalization, certificate of recognition (if needed) and notarized translation into Russian.
- 6 passport size photos (30×40 mm).